Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Story

I remember spending my time with my best friends and great buddies. Fooling around like hell, and tell jokes, we all laughed so hard... such sweet moments. I just hope we all never forget about each other.. and always remember each of us, not forgetting to learn our mistakes and never to do them again.
There was one time in school, I was drawing a random picture of a huge, dark tree with no leaves, only twigs, branches and stuff. Then at some point, I came up with an idea. I remembered that on the last day we were having our history class, we learned about Sultan Hashim, whose land was being taken by a person who represents the British government, James Brooke. Or was it Charles Brooke? I'm not so sure. But then at one time, the British was about to take both the Belait District and the Tutong district. Then here's what Sultan Hashim told the British goverment, "I will be like a tree, only left with twigs and branches, what will happen to my descendants?". From that story, I can relate Sultan Hashim's saying of a tree left with twigs and branches, with my drawing of a tree, which was a coincedence! So then, after doing the finishing touch, I wrote an excerpt from Sultan Hashim's dialogue to the British by the side of the tree. I stuck it on the notice board at the back of my class, in order to let the others see my interests in art, and be able to know how I can relate art to any subjects.
The next history class has finally arrived, and hopefully, out history teacher, Mr. Suresh, will go and see my drawing of the tree. And see how he can relate my drawing to one of the things we have learnt on the previous class, like I did! And so he did too, he said to me that he appreciated it, and guess what? He really admired it! I know I'd love to hear such compliment from him, as well as from other teachers. On the very next day, I did the same thing. And so the other day, and the next, and the next!
I guess that's all for now, sorry if you had trouble reading them all. Maybe if you wanna know the rest of the stories, you can make a request by commenting on this post. Stay tuned for more post. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger